This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: remove impossible case from gas/expr.c:expr
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: 24 Oct 2006 07:16:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: remove impossible case from gas/expr.c:expr
- References: <20061024051405.GA15300@ozlabs.au.ibm.com>
Ben Elliston <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> A static analysis tool that I ran over gas picked this up. It is
> impossible for op_left to be O_add in the switch (op_left), as it is
> within the body of this if:
That's a nice bit of analysis.
> 2006-10-24 Ben Elliston <email@example.com>
> * expr.c (expr): Don't handle impossible case O_add when switching
> on op_left.
Please leave a comment behind, so that a couple of years from now
somebody comparing the list in expr.h with the list in expr.c won't
OK with that change.