This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: handling of empty LD_RUN_PATH ?
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:37:31 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: handling of empty LD_RUN_PATH ?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> does it make sense at all to update ld/emultempl/elf32.em to verify that
> LD_RUN_PATH is a non-empty string ? cant seem to find any documentation on
> the subject other than "... the contents of the environment variable
> LD_RUN_PATH will be used if it is defined."
Hmm, shouldn't empty LD_RUN_PATH be treated the same as one containing
just ":"? That is adding the CWD to the list of locations searched, just
as it's done by execvp() and execlp() for PATH.