This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [parisc-linux] [patch] Remove magic constant from gas/tc-hppa.c
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: jbailey at raspberryginger dot com (Jeff Bailey)
- Cc: matthew at wil dot cx, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, parisc-linux at lists dot parisc-linux dot org
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 15:44:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] [patch] Remove magic constant from gas/tc-hppa.c
> I opted for eliminating the DEFAULT_LEVEL because it's not clear at a
> glance what it's a level of, it's only used in that one place, and the
> construct isn't used in any of the other architectures.
See pa_level. The magic numbers end up in the .o files. The hpux
linker will issue errors and warnings if you try to link an inconsistent
set of object files. The values appear in various places such as
bfd/archures.c, bfd/libhppa.h, ...
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)