This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
How to do patching?
- From: bjgnu at sunnorth dot com dot cn
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:22:34 +0800
- Subject: How to do patching?
When patching a file, report following error message:
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1184.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1238.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1840.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 2000.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 2409 with fuzz 2.
The operation flow is as follows:
1. copy diff text in maillist mail to my.patch
Note: I use emacs to edit my.patch.
My mail box is Lotus Notes.
I found there are many space in my.patch.
2. execute "patch < my.patch", the above error message emit.
Which step is wrong or What is the problem?