This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.6.19-rc2 has ld error for ppc64
- From: Yi CDL Yang <yyangcdl at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org, akpm at osdl dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, bug-binutils at gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:44:07 +0800
- Subject: Re: 2.6.19-rc2 has ld error for ppc64
- References: <4534BA77.email@example.com> <20061017132936.GF20843@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Alan Modra åé:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 07:11:51PM +0800, Yi CDL Yang wrote:
Many warnings aren't a good thing, we should have a clean build, this
patch should be good.
On building 2.6.19-rc2 on ppc64, ld always reports such an error:
".text exceeds stub group size"
This is not an error. It is just a warning that might help explain a
later error. If the linker doesn't give any errors then the warning
may safely be ignored.