This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] fix gprof's option parsing
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Bob Wilson <bwilson at tensilica dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:32:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix gprof's option parsing
- References: <45340B99.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:45:45PM -0700, Bob Wilson wrote:
> gprof's -C option takes an optional argument, but the getopt option string
> shows that it has no argument.
> The -n and -N options both have required arguments, but the getopt option
> string shows that they have optional arguments. (Try running "gprof -n"!)
> This patch fixes both. To test this, I did a i686-pc-linux-gnu build and
> manually ran gprof with several variations on these options.
OK. Could you fix the manual, too? I believe it says that the
arguments to -n and -N are optional.