This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: eh_frame_hdr generation quirk
- From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich at novell dot com>
- To: <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:43:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: eh_frame_hdr generation quirk
>>> Alan Modra <email@example.com> 10/09/06 2:29 AM >>>
>On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 04:59:47PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> The first thing _bfd_elf_discard_section_eh_frame() does when
>> encountering an FDE is
>> /* Ensure this FDE uses the last CIE encountered. */
>> REQUIRE (last_cie);
>> REQUIRE (hdr.id == (unsigned int) (buf - 4 - last_cie));
>> Can anyone explain why this condition is required?
>If you don't satisfy this condition, then we would need to keep info
>about all CIEs, not just the last one. eg. cie.fde_encoding.
I don't think so - we just need to re-read the referenced CIE if the FDE
doesn't refer to the one most recently read.