This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld warning, allocated section not in segment
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: vgoyal at in dot ibm dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Morton Andrew Morton <akpm at osdl dot org>, "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm at xmission dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:28:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld warning, allocated section not in segment
- References: <20061008170749.GB7149@in.ibm.com>
ld: .tmp_vmlinux1: warning: allocated section `.smp_altinstr_replacement' not in segment
I am using ld version GNU ld version 220.127.116.11.2 20040927
This is also reproducible by linker version 2.16.1
I think that you may need a newer version of the linker (2.17).
Possibly you may even need the current development version of the linker
from the mainline of the binutils sources.