This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Old binutils bug? R_386_NONE
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Ivan Novick <ivan at 0x4849 dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Ivan Novick <ivan dot novick at etrade dot com>, maxim yegorushkin <maxim dot yegorushkin at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:10:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Old binutils bug? R_386_NONE
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am running an inhouse application which exits at startup with the error:
"unexpected PLT reloc type 0x00". The error occurs on a linux redhat 7.2 ia32
install but not on a more recent version of redhat linux.
I think that this is probably a dynamic loader error rather a binutils
bug. The NULL reloc should probably just be ignored (since it has
already been processed and turned into a NULL value), but the loader
with your 7.2 system is not doing this.