This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: options silently ignored when linking certain executables
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:05:46 +0100
- Subject: Re: options silently ignored when linking certain executables
- References: <45266700.76E4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
At least --eh-frame-hdr (and a number of others that one could argue
are not relevant here) are apparently being silently ignored when
linking an executable that has no dependency on a shared library. Is
I do not believe so. I think that it is more a case of nobody thought
that the user would try to do this, so it was not tested or supported.
Please feel to investigate and see if you can come up with a patch to
fix the behaviour.