This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Resolve symbols for object files in link script
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- To: Tzu-Chien Chiu <tzuchien dot chiu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:04:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Resolve symbols for object files in link script
- References: <email@example.com>
The problem is when the number of object file grows, it becomes a pain
in ass to maintain the link script (it has already been), and the
linking time is increased by the GROUP command too. I'm porting a
large software and I have to manually put the object files into
different sections. GCC __attribute__ is not feasible, because there
are thousands of functions in each object file.
Better approach, anyone, please?
--start-group/--end-group on the command line.