This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld and holes in the address space
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Greg McGary <greg at mcgary dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 09:20:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: ld and holes in the address space
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Has anything like this been contemplated before?
Not in the GNU binutils, but it has other linkers.
If I implement this,
what are the chances that the maintainers will want this feature?
Medium. It sounds like a nice feature, although I wonder how many
people would actually want it. My main concern though would be the
probability that support for this feature would introduce new bugs into
the linker, especially in areas not connected with the feature. A well
implemented patch with a good testsuite would go a long way to relieving
those concerns however...