This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Re: Long linking time
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: "Talbot, George" <Gtalbot at locuspharma dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, nicos at maunakeatech dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:55:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Re: Long linking time
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:03:29AM -0400, Talbot, George wrote:
> I think you might want to take a look at how those patches are getting
> applied or something, because when I RPM install the binary that you
> have in there for 126.96.36.199.3, the performance of ld is abysmal. If I
> build it myself, with the hand-applied patch, it's pretty fast.
I double checked. The patch is applied in the 188.8.131.52.3 binary rpms.
Have you checked the correct linker was used?