This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker script globbing
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 25 Aug 2006 09:28:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: linker script globbing
- References: <44EED1F0.email@example.com>
Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Whilst tracking down a separate linker bug I found a problem with
> input section filename globbing. Namely, something like:
> *crtbegin.o(.ctors) /* 1 */
> *(EXCLUDE(*crtend.o) .ctors) /* 2 */
> *crtend.o(.ctors) /* 3 */
> would behave oddly when the linker is given full pathnames for
> crtbegin.o and crtend.o (as it usually is).
FYI, I also noticed this last month:
I tend to think that we should remove FNM_FILE_NAME, but I'll let
somebody else decide whether to approve the patch.