This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch] Fix for bug 3000
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "Meissner, Michael" <michael dot meissner at amd dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:46:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix for bug 3000
- References: <6096959DEF5C9447A6BF80BDC7EB9EDC02A44B0E@SBOSEXMB1.amd.com>
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:53:59PM -0400, Meissner, Michael wrote:
> I committed the enclosed patch that Dwarak Rajagopal has submitted and
> was approved by H. J.
Thanks. Could you also please correct the GNU formatting problems with
- Two spaces, not a tab, in the ChangeLog header; the opcodes/ChangeLog
entry doesn't look like the rest of the file.
- Capital letters at the beginning of ChangeLog entries (": Ditto.").
- Consistent English spacing in changelog entries:
> * i386-dis.c (MXC,EMC): Define.
Space after comma.
> (prefix_user_table): Modified cvtpi2pd,cvtpd2pi and cvttpd2pi
> instruction operands in PREGRP2,PREGRP3,PREGRP4 appropriately
> with EMC/MXC.
Spaces after commas, no double spaces between words. I'm not sure what
this entry actually says, but then I don't speak x86, so that's not a
> +static void OP_EMC (int,int);
> +static void OP_MXC (int,int);
Spaces after commas again.
> +/* cvt* are the only instructions in sse2 which have
> + both SSE and MMX operands and also have 0x66 prefix
> + in their opcode. 0x66 was originally used to differentiate
> + between SSE and MMX instruction(operands). So we have to handle the
> + cvt* separately using OP_EMC and OP_MXC */
Two spaces between sentences, periods at the end of comments. Probably
a space before the beginning parenthesis?