This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problems linking PSIM programs
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Wealand, Barry" <barry dot wealand at lmco dot com>
- Cc: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>, "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:48:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problems linking PSIM programs
- References: <8F507E88CEE37244AF6947A3E0E479DF0D54DBF3@emss01m14.us.lmco.com>
For sake of completeness, I've attempted to build binutils 2.17 as
suggested, also for a Linux host and powerpc-eabi target. This does not
build (using native gcc 3.3.4 on the Linux machine).
Well this definitely should work. I have a built powerpc-eabi toolchain
on my machine using the 2.17 sources and it completed OK.
A whole slew of
errors are reported when building bfd, compiling module elf32-ppc.c.
The errors seem to occur in an include file, elf32-target.h, the first
from line 468:
elf32-target.h:468: error: `false' undeclared (not in a function)
This presumably indicates that the definition of
"elf_backend_can_make_lsda_relative_eh_frame" is "false" instead of
Have I missed any new required steps for configuring and building
binutils-2.17? (2.12 configures and builds on this machine just fine.)
Yes. But it is hard to say exactly what has gone wrong. It looks like
you are getting hold of some old header of configuration files
somewhere. (The "false" type was removed from the binutils sources a
while ago now).
Did you build in an entirely clean environment ? (If not, please try
this). Otherwise, please could you show us the other error messages you
are getting, and also the command lines you are using to configure and
build the binutils ?