This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS bfd: Don't place TLS symbols in .scommon
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ths at networkno dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:49:22 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS bfd: Don't place TLS symbols in .scommon
- References: <20060814122024.GA19266@networkno.de>
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 01:20:24PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> * elfxx-mips.c (_bfd_mips_elf_symbol_processing,
> _bfd_mips_elf_add_symbol_hook): Don't try to place small common TLS
> symbols in .scommon.
Hmm, why didn't the test in elflink.c stop this happening?
if (isym->st_shndx == SHN_COMMON
&& ELF_ST_TYPE (isym->st_info) == STT_TLS
else if (bed->elf_add_symbol_hook)
Is this on a relocatable link? If so, should the mips backend really be
fiddling with symbols for a relocatable link?
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre