This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Patch to update top-level config to autoconf 2.59
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:43:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: Patch to update top-level config to autoconf 2.59
- References: <20060810202957.GA31776@nevyn.them.org> <200608102102.OAA28953@hpsje.cup.hp.com> <20060810210600.GA1378__12102.email@example.com> <44E02713.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yep. Also, it would be best if you could test this change also on a
cross-compiler, a Canadian cross, and maybe even a host-x-host (i.e.
host != build, but build == target) configuration. Be sure to use
non-canonical names (i.e. names that config.sub will change). :-)
Personally I would not be against this change even if it breaks some
configurations, as long as it is known *which*.
... and why. (And as long as there are plans to fix them -- I had in
mind especially the non-canonical names).