This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: readelf/objdump segment size doesn't match symbol table sizes
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: showard <showard at cs dot clemson dot edu>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:51:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: readelf/objdump segment size doesn't match symbol table sizes
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:19:16PM -0700, showard wrote:
> I have generated these sums automatically using a simple program I wrote
> and, to verify the values, I summed them by hand. In both cases, I got the
> same values. This seems to say that there is "stuff" in these sections that
> contribute to the size which is not in the symbol table. But, I can't find
> any information about this anywhere. However, for some applications, some of
> the values match.
> Does anybody have any idea why these figures don't match???
Alignment: empty padding space between symbols. Also, potentially,
symbols whose sizes are not set; anything with st_size == 0 is somewhat