This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Patch to update top-level config to autoconf 2.59
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:29:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch to update top-level config to autoconf 2.59
- References: <200608102008.NAA28243@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 01:08:00PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> Here is my final patch to update autoconf in the src tree. All subtrees
> have been updated to be configured by autoconf 2.59 and this patch
> updates the top level configure and Makefiles to also use 2.59. The
> only real change needed was to rename AS_FOR_TARGET to GAS_FOR_TARGET.
> I also changed COMPILER_AS_FOR_TARGET to COMPILER_GAS_FOR_TARGET, though
> that wasn't strictly necessary, it just seemed like a good idea to
> maintain the naming consistency.
Why was the AS_FOR_TARGET change necessary?
> Tested on IA64 HP-UX. OK for checkin?
The top level files are all shared with GCC; you'll really have to copy
this to gcc-patches, and I suspect they'll want you to wait until 4.2