This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: LD doesn't complain undefined reference
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Tzu-Chien Chiu <tzuchien dot chiu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:53:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: LD doesn't complain undefined reference
- References: <email@example.com>
My linker or32-elf-ld didn't complain undefined reference. What
should I check?
* Are you using the most up to date binutils sources ?
* If you generate a linker map (using -Wl,-Map,foo.map) what does the
linker think has happened to the "foo" symbol ? Also what type does the
"foo" symbol have in the executable ?
* Has the "--unresolved-symbols=ignore-all" linker option been
enabled somehow ? Perhaps by the OpenRISC specific code in the linker ?
* Has the bfd error handler been disabled somehow ? (See
ldlang.c:lang_check() for an example of this).