This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] : Correct ARM_RVA32 value in pe images generation for arm Windows CE.
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro_alves at portugalmail dot pt>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:59:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] : Correct ARM_RVA32 value in pe images generation for arm Windows CE.
- References: <44AA6CE1.email@example.com> <20060705004409.GA31620@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 02:28:01PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
Can anyone point me to a list of which platforms use arm-pe?
What is this epoc arm target used for?
I don't know for sure, but the only EPOC I'm familiar with is the image
format used for SymbianOS. However, I'm pretty sure that the binutils
support won't work for current versions of that platform anyway. I
don't know whether anyone uses it for the older releases.
Thanks for the info.
So, I guess there is arm-pe, and arm-epoc-pe, both
supporting Symbian targets (different SDK versions??),
and then there is arm-wince-pe, for ARM based Windows CE devices.
[target] [bfd image format]
If I am correct, then problem is that arm-pe and arm-wince-pe use the
same bfd format names, but they aren't really the same.
The reloc id numbers are different, and wince doesn't use underscores
while arm-pe does, among other differences.
Should I rename wince's bfd format? wince-pei-arm-little? Then, I would
just add a new entry to pe_detail_list with the correct values.