This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] handling of forward references in expressions
- From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich at novell dot com>
- To: "Nick Clifton" <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:37:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] handling of forward references in expressions
- References: <44CF35E9.76E4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <44D70AD2.email@example.com>
>> I was about to submit
>> the following patch, when I found that a few targets can't deal with
>> expressions in expr_section. My question hence is - can someone see
>> another solution to the original problem, or do I need to go through all
>> affected targets and find where they make those incorrect assumptions?
>I think that you (or rather we)
Does that mean you'd accept a patch that breaks (i.e. results in additional
testsuite failures) two or three targets...
> do need to go through all the affected
>targets and fix them. Sorry. :-(
... or is it really meant to say I should (try to) fix targets I don't even have
the slightest knowledge about?