This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Can't get binutils to build on Cygwin
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:57:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can't get binutils to build on Cygwin
- References: <20060802133758.GS8152@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com> writes:
> That might be the case, but it doesn't change the fact that users
> out there are using sed to massage binary files. Usually this just
> isn't a problem since POSIX systems don't make a difference between
> binary and text files.
It's a problem even on POSIX hosts, since many implementations of sed have
limits on the line length.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."