Re: Multiple relocation in ELF

 Ian> Note that you can always do a jump table using a PC relative
 Ian> relocation against a single symbol, plus an addend.  However, I
 Ian> agree that in some cases it can be useful to be able to have a
 Ian> relocation which represents the difference between two symbols.
 Ian> I do question whether it is ever useful to have a relocation
 Ian> which represents the sum of two symbols.

I don't have examples readily at hand.  However, what was then called
"complex relocation" was supported, AND was used in real world
software, in DEC assemblers going back all the way to Macro-11 back in
1974 or so.  In other words, ELF apparently has trouble representing
things that other binary formats have handled for 30 years.

     paul