This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Addition of new option '--rlib' in linker for Renesas SH targets
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro dot alves at domatica dot pt>
- To: Gina Verlekar <GinaV at KPITCummins dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:54:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Addition of new option '--rlib' in linker for Renesas SH targets
- References: <1F211FE03383644EAA6BB7A52FCD9B9B0927BF@sohm.kpit.com>
Gina Verlekar wrote:
Hi,If the Renesas library is fully converted into a GNU archive, why isn't
this implimented as a
The patch attached herewith adds a new option '--rlib' to the linker.
option, Linker links a Renesas SH library file (created by Renesas
with GNU object files.
'--rlib' option is supported only for Renesas SH targets.
The format of the option is:
where 'filename' is the Renesas SH library file to be linked.
This patch converts the Renesas library file into a GNU archive with
<filename>.rlib. This file is created in the same directory as the
library file. This created GNU archive is then passed to the Linker for
This option can be used multiple times to link multiple Renesas SH
separate tool? One that converts the libs only once, and be done with it
so the user can use -l
normally. You could even integrate the tool into the build system, so it
would be transparent
like your patches aims at being.