This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Addition of new option '--rlib' in linker for Renesas SH targets
- From: Andrew STUBBS <andrew dot stubbs at st dot com>
- To: Gina Verlekar <GinaV at KPITCummins dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:43:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Addition of new option '--rlib' in linker for Renesas SH targets
- References: <1F211FE03383644EAA6BB7A52FCD9B9B0927BF@sohm.kpit.com>
Gina Verlekar wrote:
The patch attached herewith adds a new option '--rlib' to the linker.
option, Linker links a Renesas SH library file (created by Renesas
with GNU object files.
'--rlib' option is supported only for Renesas SH targets.
I assume 'rlib' means 'Renesas library'? Would it not be better for the
option to say that? I though it meant either 'relocatable library' or
something to do with -rpath or -rlink, when I first saw it.