This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix section symbols in objcopy when removing sections with relocations from Elf objects
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:31:07 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix section symbols in objcopy when removing sections with relocations from Elf objects
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 02:35:14PM +0100, Julian Brown wrote:
> * objcopy.c (filter_symbols): Filter out section symbols for
> sections which are being stripped and their associated relocation
> sections. Call bfd_copy_private_symbol_data for each symbol which
> passes the filter.
I think this should be fixed in elf.c:elf_map_symbols by throwing away
any bad section syms. That way we keep (more) elf specific code out of
objcopy.c. I'll take a look at it.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre