This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix section symbols in objcopy when removing sections with relocations from Elf objects
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:33:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix section symbols in objcopy when removing sections with relocations from Elf objects
- References: <email@example.com> <44746DE7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:29:59PM +0100, Julian Brown wrote:
> Julian Brown wrote:
> >This patch fixes a problem where, if sections are removed during objcopy
> >with Elf object files, the section symbols corresponding to the
> >relocation sections for the removed sections may be left in the target
> >object file.
> This is a slightly-smarter version (thanks to offlist discussion with
> Dan) which knows about recoving Elf symbols from BFD symbols, hence
> avoids some unnecessary work.
Can you add a testcase so that it won't be broken by accident?