This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: weak and strong aliases for global data fail
- From: "Peter S. Mazinger" <ps dot m at gmx dot net>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:18:20 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: weak and strong aliases for global data fail
On Mon, 22 May 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 07:19, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Attached tests show a case, when a final binary is OK if
> > compiled w/ -fPIC (or -fPIE, it does not have to be ET_DYN, but can be),
> > else it fails if using aliases (both weak and strong) for global data.
> > Sorry for the "big" test cases, I couldn't make them smaller.
> this is related to this thread on the glibc list:
That seems to only be related to weak aliases, in my case it happens with
strong aliases as well.
Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2