This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fwd: Symbols in .comm doesn't move to .sbss?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Masaki Muranaka <monaka at monami-software dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 22:13:20 +0930
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Symbols in .comm doesn't move to .sbss?
- References: <51CDB903-40CE-48C1-89F0-DA2E4FFD57E4@monami-software.com> <187DC223-3B2A-414E-8F03-89C817F4435D@monami-software.com>
On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 09:11:35PM +0900, Masaki Muranaka wrote:
> The symbol in .lcomm will be collected because bss_alloc
> is called by s_lcomm. But there is no path for .comm.
> So the symbols in .comm will be never moved to .sbss.
The linker can do this. See add_symbol_hook in bfd/ source files.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre