This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: MIPS textrel fix
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:53:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: MIPS textrel fix
- References: <20060518213149.GA14720@nevyn.them.org>
actually generated. This is not immensely pretty, but does work.
For background, the problem arises from the use of absolute addresses
in .eh_frame. In this case, they're being produced by gas CFI
directives. Is there a reason we can't mix and match encodings?
i.e. why not have gas use a PC-relative format? I'm sure there's
a reason, but I can't think of it...
Well, mips is missing relocations which is why I had to do it this
gas in general mixing and matching schemes? I dunno, I haven't looked
into it recently. I think I'm going to need to anyhow soon though. :)