This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Pre-Release binutils 2.17; [PATCH] Request for inserting bug-fix prior to releasing 2.17.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Björn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:36:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Pre-Release binutils 2.17; [PATCH] Request for inserting bug-fix prior to releasing 2.17.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2006-05-10 Bjoern Haase <email@example.com>
TC_VALIDATE_FIX: handle case of immediate constant values.
I have applied this patch to the mainline and 2.17 branch.
A few small points:
* The patch would not apply to the 2.17 branch without bringing in
your earlier patch to define the TC_VALIDATE_FIX macro, so I did
that as well.
* Your ChangeLog entry is not correctly formatted. The filename
should be relative to the location of the ChangeLog. So, since this
ChangeLog is in the gas/ directory, the filename should be
config/tc-avr.h not gas/config/tc-avr.h. Also the context for the
change (in this case the TC_VALIDATE_FIX macro) should, if possible,
be include on the same line and enclosed in parentheses. Finally
the description of the change should be formatted as a proper
English sentence, complete with a capital initial letter. Ideally
the description should allow the reader to deduce the contents of
the patch without actually seeing the changed code.
Thus I reformatted your ChangeLog entry as:
* config/tc-avr.h (TC_VALIDATE_FIX): Allow fixups for immediate
* Finally, you mentioned that without this fix the assembler could
encounter a seg-fault. It would be very helpful if you could create
a small gas testsuite case for this, so that we can be sure that
this problem does not reappear in the future.