This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix html filenames on case insensitive filesystems.
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:11:15 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix html filenames on case insensitive filesystems.
- References: <20060511154503.GC21801@lios>
> The binutils html manuals are built using "makeinfo --html", which
> converts @node names directly into <node>.html when splitting the
> html files. In a case insensitive filesystem this causes certains
> files to conflict.
Perhaps you should report this problem to the Texinfo maintainer, too?
At the very least, makeinfo could complain about this condition. A
better alternative might be to mangle the output filenames a bit so
that the user need not be concerned with this.