This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] Arm local fuction symbols
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at nowt dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:54:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Arm local fuction symbols
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 17:09, Paul Brook wrote:
> [I originally sent this patch a while ago, but messed up the To: address, so
> it may have been missed]
> The Arm EABI says that relocations against local symbols may only be
> substituted for a different symbol if neither of the symbols has type
> STT_FUNC, both are Arm functions or both are Thumb functions.
> This means relocations against function symbols must not be converted into
> relocations against section symbols.
> The patch below tweaks arm_fix_adjustable to achieve this.
> Tested with cross to arm-none-eabi.
> 2005-04-01 Paul Brook <email@example.com>
> * config/tc-arm.c (arm_fix_adjustable): Return 0 for function symbols.