This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Error: load/store address overflow (max 32 bits)
- From: Thiemo Seufer <ths at networkno dot de>
- To: Eric Fisher <joefoxreal at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:33:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Error: load/store address overflow (max 32 bits)
- References: <email@example.com>
Eric Fisher wrote:
> Such an instruction " sw $2, 0xb0000388 ", when run on GNU assembler
> version 2.14 (mips-elf) using BFD version 2.14 20030612, it failswith
> info " Error: load/store address overflow (max 32 bits)". But it can
> pass under GNU assembler version 2.9.1 (mips-elf), using BFD version
> Is this the problem of the gas version? Is this instrction not
> supported or wrong?
IIRC this was a problem with mis-detecting sign extended values in gas,
it should be fixed in 2.16.1.