This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Relax MIPS j/jal out-of-range check
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ths at networkno dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:19:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Relax MIPS j/jal out-of-range check
- References: <20060509141637.GB27291@networkno.de>
On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:16:37PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Hello All,
> I applied the appended patch. It relaxes the range checking for j and
> jal addresses to a warning, since there are a few cases where the
> effect of an out of range jump can be the intended result.
Why? Especially bearing in mind that we're in the assembler here.
This doesn't make sense to me.