This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: arm-wince-pe, dll auto-importing broken when
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro_alves at portugalmail dot pt>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 22:17:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: arm-wince-pe, dll auto-importing broken when
- References: <445AAF0A.email@example.com> <445AB263.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:03:15AM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I have to reply to myself, but I just noticed what probably the real
> problem is. I was close, but not there.
> .idata$3 0x0001503c 0x14
> 0x0001503c __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR
> .idata$3 0x00015050 0x14 fu000001.o
> 0x00015064 0x4 LONG 0x0
> 0x00015068 0x4 LONG 0x0
> 0x0001506c 0x4 LONG 0x0
> 0x00015070 0x4 LONG 0x0
> 0x00015074 0x4 LONG 0x0
> The os loader will see __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR, which is an import
> descriptor terminator, and will not process the fu000001.o
> import descriptor.
> So I guess I should be looking at why isn't __NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR
> discarded by default.
> Any hints?
Now, I don't know the first thing about PE, so I'm guessing. But
what's in fu00001.o that you want to get processed? The comments in
dlltool say .idata$3 are just supposed to be terminators.