This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Fix buffer overflow in gas
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:47:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix buffer overflow in gas
- References: <20060501184006.GA2583@lucon.org>
Hi H. J.
There are some potential buffer overflows in gas. 8byte isn't enough
to hold a negative byte. This patch fixes them. Also we should use
snprintf instead of sprintf.
Did you test this patch ? if so, please could you say how.
2006-05-01 H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-i386.c (output_invalid_buf): Change size to 16.
* config/tc-tic30.c (output_invalid_buf): Likewise.
* config/tc-i386.c (output_invalid): Use snprintf instead of
* config/tc-ia64.c (declare_register_set): Likewise.
* config/tc-tic30.c (output_invalid): Likewise.
Assuming that you have tested the targets involved and that there were
no regressions then this patch is approved.