This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: curious gprof behaviour on trivial testcase
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: James E Wilson <wilson at specifix dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:33:53 +1000
- Subject: Re: curious gprof behaviour on trivial testcase
- References: <email@example.com>
> The problem here is that a trivial testcase has only one function,
> and hence no call graph info. However, gprof by default assumes you
> want to emit call graph info, and if there is none, it gives an
Thanks for fixing this -- it caught me recently and I didn't get a
chance to go back and try to fix it myself.
More to the point, the error message you get from gprof is utterly
unhelpful. When I encountered it, I immediately suspected corruption
in the gmon.out file or operator error. It had me scratching my head
for a bit!