This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] expanding tables for bfd/hash.c
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:08:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] expanding tables for bfd/hash.c
- References: <200605011937.k41Jbeuq029555@greed.delorie.com>
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:37:40PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> I originally proposed this patch nearly two years ago, but only
> recently got access to a testcase that proved it fixed what I
> originall wrote it for (in this case, a 1.5Gb executable went from 65
> minutes of CPU time to 45 seconds!) I've tested this for regressions
> with a mips64-elf GCC test run, and I'm finally committing it.
> PS: anyone who wants to volunteer to replace bfd's has with
> libiberty's hash may do so by saying "why aren't we using libiberty's
> hash functions?" ;-)
It doesn't work due to the way how string merge works.