Re: libbfd Mac OS X support?

??:0
However, I see GDB is somehow able to extract file/function info, and afaik, it's using libbfd...

1. Which copy of bfd should I be linking against (i.e. the one in gcc, or gdb, or binutils...?)

There's a copy of bfd in the Apple version of gdb that has some functionality, but...

2. Is bfd_find_nearest_line simply unimplemented on OS X, or is there something deeper?

Something deeper. Mostly bfd is unsupported for OS X unfortunately.

3. Do you know how GDB extracts line info? (i.e. suggestions for workaround/next step?)

I'd suggest using the bfd work for OS X available from the Apple version of gdb.

-eric