Re: intermittent 0-length for .note.gnu.arm.ident

Hi James,

If I manually re-compile one of the 0-length .o's, it always produces a
section with 0x1c length.  As does a make in that directory.  But a
top-level make gives the random sometimes 0-length note sections.

This sounds like memory corruption of some kind. I would suggest enabling memory debugging if you have that support available, or else adding some debugging of your own.

arm_add_note() gets called with the same parms for both zero & non-zero
cases.  So what would cause the contents to disappear?

Note - the arm_add_note() function was removed a while ago, so you may find that upgrading to newer binutils sources will solve this problem for you.