Re: svn read of the binutils development repository?

On Wed, 2006-04-12 00:37:30 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:

> > > Not yet.  I've been looking into this, though...
> >
> > Are there any plans to convert src/ in entirety over to SVN?
>
> Not yet.
>
> The major stumbling block is that there is no easy way to check out
> just binutils after a wholesale conversion.

If CVS is abandoned, why would SVN be choosen? For personal use, I'm
using GIT these days and it's a nice experience.

I'm currently running a SVN->GIT conversion for the GCC repo (which is
at aboput 70% of the SVN revision numbers right now) for personal use.
I tried to do that for the Binutils (whole `src'), too, but that
showed up some problems in the CVS import scripts, though these are
worked on.

IBGT on the `check out just binutils' thing: HDDs are somewhat cheap
these days and thus I'd just rule out that argument.

Once the CVS import problems are ironed out, I'd really suggest to
think about GIT.

MfG, JBG
PS: After verifying that at least the tips of all branches are
correct, I'll of course offer the GCC GIT repo for cloning.

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O