Re: Fix for PR 1860

> Technically acceptable, but please consider that you're changing the
> requirements for more than just binutils.  Check with gcc, gdb,
> newlib, and cygwin; if nobody objects, go ahead and commit it.

Whoops -- Alan already approved it and I committed it.  I should add
the following extra details that I wrote up in the bug report:

  Texinfo 4.2 was released on 1 April 2002.
  Texinfo 4.3 was released on 14 November 2002.
  Texinfo 4.4 was released in 31 January 2003.

  I think that raising the minimum requirement on Texinfo to version
  4.4 is quite safe.

Nevertheless, I will follow-up with the other projects.

Ben