Re: questions about adding target to Binutils source

> 1. Now i work on version 2.13. Must i change to work on current
> version 2.16.91 before i contribute the target source to add my
> target to Binutils source?

Yes, however it should not be too painful.

> 2. Maybe i will often add features to my target; how to add the
> patches to CVS repository? Who should do the job, me or the
> maintainers? Will you test it before commit it to CVS?

The port maintainer (or a global maintainer) can commit the patches
for you.  Patch submitters are responsible for testing patches and, if
experience suggests that they are not adequately testing, will have
their patches more closely scrutinised in future.

> 3. Dose anyone else have right to add features to my target and
> commit to CVS? If so, maybe the modification is not what i want.

This will be at the judgement of the port maintainer.

> 4. How long Does it take to add new target to Binutils source after
> i contribute the target source patch?

Only a couple of days if the patches can be reviewed easily.  It's
best to try and break the patches up into logical chunks to make the
task of reviewing them easier.

Ben