Re: Reinstate bypass for 32-bit relocs overflow on SPARC

> When this occurs, doesn't that make the resulting stabs totally
> unusable?

Most probably, executables are not in the lower 32-bit segment on Solaris.
But I've never used STABS for 64-bit code so...

> I think if we emit broken debugging information, we should at least
> warn about that instead of silently letting it happen.  Just because
> we've silently let it pass in the past doesn't mean that's the right
> thing to do :)

Let's not bother about that at this point.  GCC has defaulted to DWARF-2 for
64-bit code on Solaris for ages and nobody uses STABS for 64-bit code with
GCC.  On the other hand, the Sun compiler still uses (extended-)STABS so I
don't want to disable STABS support in the compiler on Solaris like on Linux.

--
Eric Botcazou