This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: ld/2218: Weak undefined symbol doesn't work properly with PIE
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:34:51 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: ld/2218: Weak undefined symbol doesn't work properly with PIE
- References: <20060127070335.GA12281@lucon.org>
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:03:35PM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> We should treat global symbols in PIE like shared library.
Perhaps. But please explain why the place you are patching is the
correct place to fix a problem with weak syms. I don't think your patch
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre