This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils/glibc .hashvals section ...
- From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, michael meeks <michael dot meeks at novell dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:49:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: binutils/glibc .hashvals section ...
- References: <email@example.com> <20060125145519.GA18784@lucon.org>
On Wednesday 25 January 2006 09:55, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 02:34:18PM +0000, michael meeks wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > So - in order to speedup linking: still the major CPU hog on OO.o load,
> > (cf. -Bdirect patches passim) I have a simpler, perhaps less
> > controversial approach: storing pre-computed elf hashes in a .hashvals
> > section.
> Have you tried other linker/glibc hash improvements suggested in the
> last few weeks?
hasnt he been the one writing all of those ? ;)