GAS : Does it provides callbacks for conversion from assembly to binary code ?

Hello everyone,
I am working on the dis-assembling and assembling of binaries. Well
after dis-assembling the binaries, i convert it into assembly,
manipulate this code, I want to convert it back to binary.  All the
above conversions are to take place at runtime. Can The GAS provide me
with some callbacks to provide this conversion .

If not then does any other utility ?  Please help.

--
Regards,
Sandeep

A candle loses nothing if it is used to light another one!